The Great Hall is accessed through the Eighth Avenue entrance. It has magnificent stained-glass windows, vaulting, and a central dome. Excellent acoustics, warm yet clear, particularly suit classical, choral, and folk music.
The Great Hall features
- 832 fixed seats in the form of curved wooden benches (see seating chart)
- Stage: 38′ wide x 20′ deep x 31″ high
with added stage extensions: 46′ wide x 24′ deep x 31′ high
- Stage floor: brown Masonite
- Depth of room: 90’ 8” from back wall of stage to back of house
- Piano: 7’ Steinway B 2004
- Stage lighting and dimmer system (see Equipment page and Lighting Plot)
- Sound system (see Equipment page)
- Dressing rooms: three
- Private backstage restrooms: two
- Assisted-listening devices available
- Town Hall is fully ADA-accessible
The Lobby is accessed through the Eighth Avenue entrance to the Great Hall. It is U-shaped with a total area of 5,400 square feet. It offers flexibility and can be partitioned into three separate spaces. There is a 7-foot Heintzman piano located in the north lobby. The south lobby features the Public Room, a cafe space where Town Hall staff can sell coffee, tea, snacks, beer and wine at your event.
The lobby is included in the rental of the Great Hall, but is not available for rental separate from the Great Hall.